A new Stata module wbopendata has been released. The module can be installed or updated directly from within Stata using Statistical Software Components (SSC) repository.
The new features of this release include:
- Updated list of indicator, with over 1,000 new indicators, adding up to 7,349 series;
- Ability to download multiple series of indicators;
- Information such as series frequency, variable name, and label are now stored, and returned as macros.
The Stata module draws from the main World Bank collections of development indicators, compiled from officially-recognized international sources, and made available through the World Bank Open Data Initiative. It presents the most current and accurate global development data available, and includes national, regional and global estimates.
Users can choose from one of the three languages supported by the database, namely, English, Spanish, and French. Three possible downloads options are currently supported:
- By country - all indicators for all years for a single country;
- By topic - all indicators within a specific topic, for all years and all countries;
- By indicator - all years for all countries for a single indicator.
Users can also choose to have the data displayed in either the wide or long format (wide is the default option).
To obtain this update please type in the Stata command line: ssc install wbopendata, replace
Recent News Posts
04/15/2015 - 11:51
12/16/2014 - 13:47
11/19/2014 - 15:42
New Quarterly External Debt Statistics (QEDS) database launched based on the latest international standards11/07/2014 - 07:02
10/30/2014 - 21:45