International Debt Statistics
Focuses on financial flows, trends in external debt, and other major financial indicators for low- and middle-income countries. Includes over 200 time series indicators from 1970 to 2018, for most reporting countries, and pipeline data for scheduled debt service payments on existing commitments to 2026.
Access the database, tables and content of the new IDS
- IDS 2020 publication (PDF 5mb)
- IDS 2020 Press Release
- IDS 2020 Blog: External Debt Stock of Low- and Middle-Income Countries Rose, but Pace of Increase Slowed
- Online tables
- Video: Is Debt Good or Bad
- Online Quarterly Bulletin
- Open Knowledge Repository
- Joint External Debt Hub (JEDH)
- Data catalog downloads (Excel | CSV)
These archives contain Excel spreadsheets and range in size from 6-80Mb (compressed), and include databases from the period prior to 2012 when the report was named Global Development Finance. Archives from July, 2010 to October, 2012 also include data from the World Development Indicators. Archives prior to February, 2010 also include data in text and MS Access formats.
|2012||December, October, September, July, May, April|
|2011||December, September, July, April|
|2010||December, July, February|